- Serves - 2
- Preparation time - Less than 30 minutes
- Cooking time - 10 - 30 minutes
12 Quail Eggs
For the mayonnaise
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300ml/10fl oz olive oil
- 25g watercress
1. Bring a pan with hot water to a simmer.Add the quail eggs and boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool before peeling and placing in a serving dish.
2. For the mayonnaise, place the egg yolks, Dijon, white wine vinegar, salt and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Continue to blend, gradually adding the olive oil, until the mixture has thickened to a mayonnaise consistency.
4. Place the watercress in a bowl of very hot water for 30 seconds and then drain.
5. Add the watercress to the mayonnaise and blend for a couple of seconds.
6. Spoon the watercress mayonnaise into a ramekin and serve with the quail eggs.